No matter what segment of the digital signage industry that a person participates in, one fact that we can all agree upon is that content is the method to deliver on the messages set forth in the objectives that should be the central focus points of each and every screen and every network that is deployed.
The Digital Content and Media Expert™ (DCME) program defines content, and explains how content can be an effective communication tool.
It explores the history of communication and content and takes a closer look at what content can and cannot do.
The DCME takes a look at the impact and relevance of content and emphasizes the need to begin by clearly articulating the objectives and then shows how to combine objectives and content to engage the viewer. It points out the necessity to create a strategy before moving forward and explores both applications and venues.
The course discusses the physical properties of content, and introduces rules for good content design and then reviews examples of the costs of content production, and various options for outsourcing.
Wrapping up, the DCME discusses the business side of content, and how analytics play into it as it relates to return on investment.
- Introduction to the DCME Certification course
- What is content?
- Defining content
- The history of content
- The importance of content
- The impact of content
- How content fits into the digital signage ecosystem
- Performance of content
- The effects of good content
- ROI of content
- The objectives of engagement
- Establishing objectives for what your content needs to do
- What engagement delivers – the actual results from engagement
- The importance of strategy
- Setting the objective first is a must and then content follows as the vehicle to send that message.
- ROI and ROO
- Business models
- The relevance of content
- What is relevance?
- How to create relevance
- Classifying content
- Aspect ratio
- Size of screen
- Types of content
- The principles of content design
- Element sizing
- Motion and awareness
- Understanding the talking head
- Content needs analysis
- Understanding Venue Verticals
- Types of Content Providers
- Media houses, sign companies that produce graphics for specific zones, RSS feeds, Google social streaming media player, etc.
- Sources of content elements
- Past the salesperson to the creative to realize objectives
- Costs of content
- Analytics and measurement
- Analytics and measurements that drive content optimization
- Tangible VS. Intangible